Selima Limited takes the privacy of our visitor’s data very seriously. We are required to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to how we process your personal data that we obtain from you via our website.
Information We Collect
We collect and process your ‘personal data’ including name, address or email address in order to provide our products and services to you. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website.
Selima Limited may collect data, including ‘personal data’, in a variety of ways, for example;
- When you complete an online data capture form
- When you register for Selima’s monthly email update
- When you download one of Selima’s guides
- When you speak to one of Selima’s personnel
- Via online data capture methods such as Google Analytics
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect from you helps us better understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to contact you in relation to your request. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To inform you of / improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.*
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
*We may send emails to you using our reputable mailing platform www.dotmailer.co.uk.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using Google Analytics – aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website – for example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences – the website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website – we may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies DO NOT provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling Information We Hold About You
When you fill in a form via our website, you will see an opt-in tick box – “I’d like to receive the Selima newsletter”. If you wish to receive regular marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post, please tick this box.
You can easily opt-out of our marketing communications via one of these methods:
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- Write to us at: Selima Limited, 7 Europa View, Sheffield Business Park, Sheffield, S9 1XH
- Using the automated ‘opt out’ link on our email communications
We will NEVER sell, rent or trade your ‘personal data’ to third parties for marketing purposes, unless you give us permission to do so or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Selima are ISO ISO9001 & ISO27001 accredited, so rest assured we follow best practice when it comes to quality management and data security.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other relevant websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.selima.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link to, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Social Media Platforms
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Write: Selima Limited, Sheffield Business Park, Sheffield, S9 1XH